Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Measure twice

The cut out for the garage looks almost as big as the house.


I was at the land yesterday and was told that the excavator didn't cut the garage the right size -not out far enough- and was going to have to come back and make it bigger.  Today when I asked if it was the right size, I was told "no" he was going to have to come back and dig a third time -this time it wasn't back far enough.  Hum.  I wonder if he gets paid by the trip.    Hope he measures all  four sides today.


In the garden today I planed some more pickling cucumbers, zucchini, and potatoes.   I also mixed some peat moss around the blueberry plants.  I started with 10 and I think 9 will pull though, one is looking sad.  They apparently didn't like the move.   They did better than the raspberries though, I started with a lot of those and only have about 3 that show any sign of life at all (and that is slight).
Blueberries: recovering

Strawberries: blooming!
Peas: climbing!