Monday, June 13, 2011

Footings and roots

Where it goes in will be the porch/front door
What a great day! The sun was shining, there is now an outline of our house, and I got a bunch of work done in the garden.  I got over to the land today and was thrilled to see the red spray painted outlines of the house.  By the end of the day, there were rods in the ground and forms for the footings.
 
Great progress was made in the garden today too.  I went to the local garden/farm store to get some peat moss for my blueberry plants and couldn't resist all the plant starts they had.  I left with some strawberries (to replace the ones the bunnies got), some pumpkins, and onions starts.  I went back and spent a couple hours planting.  I am pleased to say I got them all planted - 8 new strawberry plants,  a couple pumpkin plants and about 30 onion starts.  I also planted some beans and pickling cucumbers that I bought a couple days ago.   Tomorrow I'm hoping to plant some potatoes.  In the mean time, take a peak at what grows in the garden:
strawberries
Peas, lettuce, beans -I ate my first pea pod today!
Outside the garden is growing too, look how high the hay is:
My boys are 4'4'', the hay is taller